Can father acquired property be claimed after 20 years?
My father (still alive) having a flat in chs in mumbai, gifted to my cousin around 20 years back on piece of plain paper. on the basis of this paper he changed membership of the flat to his name but all the documents/agreements are still with us. we are demanding our flat back but they are not bothered. please advise if a case can be made against society as well as my cousin. please advise.
No immovable property can be transferred through a plain paper. The paper your cousin is banking upon does not appear to have any legal value. File a civil suit for declaration of title and recovery of possession against your cousin. You make the society a party to the said suit.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Neighbors transferred our property to their name, how to claim it back
- Filed domestic violence case against my husband can I file for divorce
- How to file a suit for recovery of money from family friend
- Father gave ancestral property through Will can sister make claim
- What is the procedure to change religion