Can father acquired property be claimed after 20 years?
My father (still alive) having a flat in chs in mumbai, gifted to my cousin around 20 years back on piece of plain paper. on the basis of this paper he changed membership of the flat to his name but all the documents/agreements are still with us. we are demanding our flat back but they are not bothered. please advise if a case can be made against society as well as my cousin. please advise.
No immovable property can be transferred through a plain paper. The paper your cousin is banking upon does not appear to have any legal value. File a civil suit for declaration of title and recovery of possession against your cousin. You make the society a party to the said suit.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Who would be legal owner of the said property?
- All the property is in my mother's name can my father & brothers claim
- Husband not wiling to divorce.I want to marry other boy
- Fined for railway offence what to mention in attestation form
- Wife is mentally harassing me what should I do