quesCan father acquired property be claimed after 20 years?

My father (still alive) having a flat in chs in mumbai, gifted to my cousin around 20 years back on piece of plain paper. on the basis of this paper he changed membership of the flat to his name but all the documents/agreements are still with us. we are demanding our flat back but they are not bothered. please advise if a case can be made against society as well as my cousin. please advise.

  • ansNo immovable property can be transferred through a plain paper. The paper your cousin is banking upon does not appear to have any legal value. File a civil suit for declaration of title and recovery of possession against your cousin. You make the society a party to the said suit.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

when one take a stay in a property till what time that stay is valid

My grandfather gifted a self-acquired property to my father during his life time.

My father…

sir yesterday my elder uncle sell the paternal property (land) whose owner is my father…

My dad and mom owned a property in equal share. My mom died intestate, leaving…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly
View in App
Get Upto 40% Off