Can builder ask for money if the property has no authorized sanction?
I had booked a floor in 2012 with Ansals Gurgaon where I gave in the booking amount along with 2 installments for the same and has applied for a home loan for the remaining amount. Now all the banks say that they cannot give us the loan as the property has not got the required sanction from the authorities.
However, we have got another demand from the builder asking for Rs. 18 lakhs. What do we do now as we do not have the money and neither is the loan being approved.
Can the builder ask for money if the property has not got the required approvals from the authorities in the first place?
You need to convey in writing through Regd. post to the builder that he needs to get all the prior approvals and sanctions from the authorities and only then will you be in a position to pay him the installment amount as it is a mandatory requirements for the banks while granting home loans.
However, if the builder still does not obtain the requisite sanctions, you can approach the Housing Board and file a written complaint stating that the builder has not obtained prior sanctions and the Board shall take action. This way the builder will have to obtain the approvals / sanctions or else his construction would not be allowed to proceed.
You can also file a criminal complaint against the builder for deceiving you and dishonestly extracting monies from you thereby cheating you.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What will be my right on my grandfather's property
- Daughter asking for her share in the property.
- Can wife claim for maintenance if husband allows her to stay with him
- Can company remove person without reason can we ask compensation
- Tenant not paying rent how can I evict the tenant