quesCan builder ask for money if the property has no authorized sanction?

I had booked a floor in 2012 with Ansals Gurgaon where I gave in the booking amount along with 2 installments for the same and has applied for a home loan for the remaining amount. Now all the banks say that they cannot give us the loan as the property has not got the required sanction from the authorities.


However, we have got another demand from the builder asking for Rs. 18 lakhs. What do we do now as we do not have the money and neither is the loan being approved.


Can the builder ask for money if the property has not got the required approvals from the authorities in the first place?


  • ans


    You need to convey in writing through Regd. post to the builder that he needs to get all the prior approvals and sanctions from the authorities and only then will you be in a position to pay him the installment amount as it is a mandatory requirements for the banks while granting home loans.

    However, if the builder still does not obtain the requisite sanctions, you can approach the Housing Board and file a written complaint stating that the builder has not obtained prior sanctions and the Board shall take action. This way the builder will have to obtain the approvals / sanctions or else his construction would not be allowed to proceed.


    You can also file a criminal complaint against the builder for deceiving you and dishonestly extracting monies from you thereby cheating you.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father was an adopted son of Mr. Krishna Rao. He grew up along with…
My grand father land has divided Within 6 son include my father. My uncle sold…
Agreement was to complete the construction by 2 years after starting but didn't started since…
Its a tenancy property (pagdi system) Its lawful heirs are unable to get along in…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly