quesCan brother's wife interfere if he want to gift his property to sister

In a gift deed. A brother wants to gift his property to his sister. Can brother's wife interfere in it? The property is ancestral. The property is in the name of the brother.

  • ansIn this situation ,a wife can file an Suit for injunction suit to take stay on property. Afterward,it will proceed .Generally, a wife can't demand share from ancestral property of husband during his life time.

    Advocate Ravinder Tyagi

      Lagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi

  • ansbrother has full right to gift his property to his sister, no issue go ahead. as far as his wife is concern she can only claim those properties in which she has any right/tittle/interest in that... thx

    Advocate Abhishek Kaushik

      District Court, Rohini, Delhi

  • ansNo she cannot. she becomes a legal heir only after demise of her husband not before and any rights are accrued then only. Therefore, he can gift his property to his sister.

    For detailed discussions, please fix an appointment.
    Best regards,

    Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

      Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

There has been extensive damage to my DDA flat due to faulty bathroom sewer and…
I am a Christian, during partition of my father's paternal property he registered some of…
I have my Father's Property in kochi and we have a court order to partition…

My great grandfather had two sons A and B. Again A have three sons and…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly