Can brother's wife interfere if he want to gift his property to sister
In a gift deed. A brother wants to gift his property to his sister. Can brother's wife interfere in it? The property is ancestral. The property is in the name of the brother.
In this situation ,a wife can file an Suit for injunction suit to take stay on property. Afterward,it will proceed .Generally, a wife can't demand share from ancestral property of husband during his life time.
Advocate Ravinder TyagiLagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi
brother has full right to gift his property to his sister, no issue go ahead. as far as his wife is concern she can only claim those properties in which she has any right/tittle/interest in that... thx
Advocate Abhishek KaushikDistrict Court, Rohini, Delhi
No she cannot. she becomes a legal heir only after demise of her husband not before and any rights are accrued then only. Therefore, he can gift his property to his sister.
For detailed discussions, please fix an appointment.
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- If any fact is hide before marriage what can be the consequences
- kya call recording se meri safety hogi
- Selected in govt teacher examination but they put me in waiting list
- Was working as govt lecturer but got terminated because of poor health
- cheque bounced because of insufficient balance