Can brothers divide father's property w/o married sister's consent?
Can brothers divide father’s property who died intestate without getting consent of the married sister (that is me)?
Am entitled to any share in my father’s property and under which law?
As you stated that your father died intestate i.e. without making any Will, then you have equal right in the property as compared to your brothers and they cannot divide the property and keep it for themselves.
As per the Indian succession act,
A daughter has equal right in her father’s property as compared to the brothers.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- want to get house transferred to my name from pagdi system
- Father did second marriage threatening us to disown from his property
- Demand Notice from Recovery officer, DRT.
- Law of limitation for reporting bribery or corruption
- How to legalize encroached land