Can brother forcibly take share in property Willed to me by father?
My brother wants to take forcible possession over a part of my property that has been Willed to me by my father through a Registered Will. I am staying in the property currently but my brother says that he has a share in it as well wherein as per the Will the full share of the property has been given to me by our father.
What should I do to prevent my brother from taking any action / forceful possession of any share of my property?
Since your brother has also taken possession of one room, we would suggest that you file a suit for possession and damages against him asserting yourself to be rightful and lawful owner and in possession of the house.
Once the possession is with you, then we can file a probate petition and a suit for declaration seeking that it be declared that you are the lawful owner and have inherited the house in question.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Owner of resale fat claiming to take safety door what are his rights
- How to transfer property to wife's name if both are foreign citizens
- Is Prescribing medicines through online portal illegal in India?
- Legal Heir Certificate
- Is there any time bar for bank for asking amount back from the client