Can aunt force for partition in ancestral property
I am staying in my grandfather's owned flat. After the death of my grandfather now my aunt is asking for an equal share in the said property. Can she force a partition?
Since your grand father died without a WILL, your aunt and your father, being the only 2 legal heirs have an equal share in the property. She can surely file a suit for partition.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Builder Owner contract Agreement violation
- Husband is having extra marital affair what action can I take
- Can wife transfer property through NOC or relinquishment deed
- How to avoid Domestic Violence - interim maintenance order
- Applied for divorce wife married again before divorce was granted