×

quesCan a person open a temple in a residential area?

A person has opened a temple in a residential area. He owns the ground and first floor. The temple is on ground floor. A lot of people come in due to which we face trouble and we live on the second and third floor. What can i do? Where can i complain about it?

• ansin these circumstances if a person own a property and construct a temple he can do so in my understanding because there is no requirement of taking licence or permission from any authority for construction or running a temple. but aggrieved person can complain if his rights has encroached upon by temple such as land encroachment, noise pollution, air pollution, etc.

Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

District Court, Dwarka, Delhi

• ansIn India you can mess with anyone but religion. No one can open a temple just like that you need certain permissions. If temple is open to public, then you need to file complaint to municipal corp and if no action is taken then file Writ in High Court

Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

• ansYou will need to file a suit for permanent injunction against the illegal construction of the Temple. Of course the specific facts of your case will shed more light on the correct course of action but from a bare reading of your problem this seems like a logical solution.

Supreme Court of India, Delhi