Can a christian widow get a share in the father-in-law's property?
Can christian issue less widow get a share in the FIL's property? We have a property in my deceased father's name. Mother is also expired. I recently lost my elder brother also. I have one younger brother. Both of us have our families and living in our father's property. No will was made either by my father or my mother.
The property was self acquired by my father. My SIL is claiming a part in the property now. What does the Christian/India law say about a Christian issue less widow getting a share in the FIL's property?
Which section holds good in this situation.
First of all please specify, what do you mean by FIL?
You will be governed by the Indian Succession Act. Under Section 37 of the Indian Succession Act 1925, clearly provides for equal distribution of the properties among the children, if the father dies without making a Will.
In view of the above law, you have equal rights in your father property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Admission was cancelled but college is refusing to return the fees
- Father working at senior position but denied promotion by bank
- Company compelling to resign due to cost cutting. What can I do?
- how an adult gets his reservation under obc for a govt job
- Central bank occupied our property after lease expiration