quesCan a christian widow get a share in the father-in-law's property?

Can christian issue less widow get a share in the FIL's property? We have a property in my deceased father's name. Mother is also expired. I recently lost my elder brother also. I have one younger brother. Both of us have our families and living in our father's property. No will was made either by my father or my mother.

The property was self acquired by my father. My SIL is claiming a part in the property now. What does the Christian/India law say about a Christian issue less widow getting a share in the FIL's property?

Which section holds good in this situation.

First of all please specify, what do you mean by FIL?

You will be governed by the Indian Succession Act. Under Section 37 of the Indian Succession Act 1925, clearly provides for equal distribution of the properties among the children, if the father dies without making a Will.

In view of the above law, you have equal rights in your father property.