Can 1 brother stop other brother from gifting his property to me?
My elder brother and father are wanting to gift a flat to me which in the name of both of them. My youngest brother is staying in the same flat and he is not agreeing to it.
Can brother legally do anything and stop them from gifting it to me. How to make a gift deed? Please note that the property is not ancestral.
As the said that the property has joint ownership,
Both, your father and your elder brother should execute a gift deed in your favor.
As you also stated that the said property is not ancestral, then your youngest brother has no right in it and he cannot stop them.
For making a gift deed,
It should be properly stamped and registered. And there is a mandate of needing 2 witnesses and the witnesses should preferably not be the family members.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Government land issue and tehsildar stopped construction
- How to accept atheism legally
- Nana died without will. Do i have share in that property?
- What is the procedure for legal seperation
- Want to apply for Portuguese passport cant due to father's accident