Buying of undivided property.
I have bought an apartment in year 2011. The case is as follows. After the death of mother two son and one daughter became the co-owners of the Property. They decided to use it for promoting apartment. After completetion of the project they were provided with apartments in the same floor eg. flat 3, flat 4, flat 5. They mutated thier names in the municipal corporation against the possession letter. They dont have any Partition deed. They have been alloted separate asssese number for each property.But since they dont have any partion deed corporation declared it as a undivided property, which is not .
They all have been alloted separate apartments. In the year 2011 the elder brother sold his portion to me. I was not aware of such matter even the lawyer we appointed was also not well versed with this scenario. By the virtue of possesion letter they all are enjoying their portions. Even the property was registered properly but when we went for mutation we are unable to do so. The reason is that they dont have any partion deed. Now the junior brother is totally debt ridden and in no way is able to pay any money for partion deed. In this scenario what is the option that we can opt so that mutation is done in our favour.
They can enter into deed of family settlement or partition deed, since one brother is totally debt ridden his share can be borne by other brother and sister. You can if you so desire also contribute for payment of stamp duty and registration charges so that your title becomes clear and marketable.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can we send legal notice after 6 years of cause of action
- How can I withdraw the case for the FIR i had filed
- Unknown person calls and talks filthy about wife What can I do
- Property sold, how to invest the money to save tax
- Buying property from a third party who bought from HUF any issue