Buying an under construction flat
I want to buy an under construction flat in Ghaziabad. As per builder it may be delivered in an year's time. I have got a seller who has paid the full amount as down payment to the builder. As per the seller a small amount would be charged as transfer fee. What is the legal process for purchasing? I have to take bank loan from a nationalized bank. What documents should I ask/check? Should I wait till registration of property in sellers' name but would that increase the cost?
First find out the exact amount to be charged by builder as transfer fees? Who will make payment seller or buyer? Ask seller to obtain NOC from builder for sale of flat, original agreement for sale entered with builder by the seller. Building plans duly sanctioned by municipal corporation. Inspection of original title deeds for land on which building is being constructed. Don't enter into any agreement with the seller unless bank is willing to sanction loan for the flat. Best option is to wait for for building to be completed by the builder. Possession handed over to flat owners.Transfer charges would then be nominal. There is no harm in paying little more money for the flat but at-least your money is safe. Let builder obtain an OC from municipal corporation, then buy flat.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- what is caste of child in inter-caste marriage? Father denying surname
- necessary to file recovery execution in high court for maintance
- Adoption of Widow Daughter's Son in West Bengal
- What are the licenses required for starting a small gaming cafe
- Can legal heir claim for the diseased property