quesBuying an under construction flat

I want to buy an under construction flat in Ghaziabad. As per builder it may be delivered in an year's time. I have got a seller who has paid the full amount as down payment to the builder. As per the seller a small amount would be charged as transfer fee. What is the legal process for purchasing? I have to take bank loan from a nationalized bank. What documents should I ask/check? Should I wait till registration of property in sellers' name but would that increase the cost?

  • ansFirst find out the exact amount to be charged by builder as transfer fees? Who will make payment seller or buyer? Ask seller to obtain NOC from builder for sale of flat, original agreement for sale entered with builder by the seller. Building plans duly sanctioned by municipal corporation. Inspection of original title deeds for land on which building is being constructed. Don't enter into any agreement with the seller unless bank is willing to sanction loan for the flat. Best option is to wait for for building to be completed by the builder. Possession handed over to flat owners.Transfer charges would then be nominal. There is no harm in paying little more money for the flat but at-least your money is safe. Let builder obtain an OC from municipal corporation, then buy flat.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi sir, I have a question regarding, Maternal Ancestor property rights? My mother got a…
Hi sir, around 2 years back i purchased flat in multistorey building on 11th floor,its…
I, jointly with my wife, own a flat in Kochi, Kerala. My wife expired recently.…

After investing and making the full payment of an apartment, the prices were increased arbitrarily…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly