quesBuyer delaying payment of rest of the amount by filing baseless cases.

I have a house in Gurgaon that I sold to someone. As decided he paid me 10% or the total payment and the remaining 90%was to be paid in the next 70 days. On the 68th day I received a summon from the court wherein this person says that we have taken an advance payment and are now refusing to give him the house.


It’s been 4 months that he has been raising baseless reasons to extend this case further and is avoiding all means for registry.


What should we do in this case?


  • ans


    After reading your query it appears that you have entered into an agreement to sell with the purchaser. 


    Further, in the Agreement to Sell both parties have agreed for 10% payment by the purchaser to you in advance and remaining 90 % to be paid within 70 days from the date of the said agreement. 


    As per you, before expiry of the 70 days you received a Summon of the court that shows that the purchaser has resorted to the court prematurely and his cause of action is immature till 70th day from the date of the agreement. 


    Therefore, the case is preposterous and liable to be dismissed in your favor on the very first day and the case is without any grievance. Anyway you may appear in the court through a lawyer and defend your case by filing appropriate application Under O-VII, Rule -11 OF Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.


    Once you engage a lawyer with complete documents an efficacious remedy can be suggested. 


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband died . House on my husband name . My in laws not supportive.…

Hi, My mom has a property in trichy and residing near to it, the neighbour…
I am a government servant in state Rajasthan and i have a property cum house…
we are 2 brothers, after our father death, the owner ship of all the property…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly