quesBuilder increased saleable area during possession

Hi, I booked a 2BHK 1300 sqft apartment in Bangalore in Feb'2013. Now builder sent a mail saying that there is a change in sale-able area (revised to 1350 sqft) and asking for 1 lac rupees more. The justification he gave is that they needed to do some deck slab construction on recommendation from fire department.

So my question is how legal or normal it is to increase salable area after the deal is done. Also how could it be verified if there is actually an increase in the sale-able area? Also can we take any legal action against the builder or we supposed to pay anyhow in case there is a valid increase?

  • ansAccording to concerned Act, after plans and specifications are disclosed,no alteration or additions without consent of persons who have agreed to take the flats, the promoter shall not make any alteration in the structures described therein, in respect of the flat or flats which are agreed to be taken, without the previous consent of that person.

    Or if any unauthorized change in the construction is brought to the notice of the promoter within a period of one year from the date of handing over possession, it shall wherever possible, be rectified by the promoter without further charge to the person who have agreed to take the flats, and in other cases such persons shall be entitled to receive reasonable compensation for such change.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have won a property case both in the Senior Additional Judge & District court.the…
my father dies 20 years back. we have some ancestral property. there is no will…
I belong to a Hindu family. My father passed away due to heart attack therefore…
A own a DDA flat in Delhi which is registered under my and my spouse's…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly