Builder charging extra money
I have brought flat in Asiad Village, Delhi. I have been charged late payment interest, for a demand, which was raised during the period when the transfer process of the property (from previous allotee) to my name was under way. I have full correspondence on this issue. The builder has charged interest at exorbitant rate and refuses to correct it. Is there anything I can do legally?
You are silent on the terms of the agreement which is key to proper resolution of this query. I may state that both you and builder are bound by the terms of the sale agreement. If the builder has gone beyond its terms you have rightful cause of action to bring appropriate proceeding before the Consumer Forum to claim the return of excess money and for damages as well.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bought house and seller paralysed his children not providing details
- Daughter sent back to her parents house
- Why is uniform civil code necessary in India?
- Application under Sec 11 of Family Courts Act 1984 for video recording
- Procedure for divorce by mutual consent