quesBuilder caused delay in starting construction,

I have given 19.7 lac to a builder for flat couple of years before but he hasn't started construction. If i ask him to give my money back & after 6 months he given me Rs. 50,000/- but still remaining amount is pending. He is saying he will return money when he will receive from someone. Where can i complaint?

  • ansYes, you can file complaint of cheating against him.

    Also, you can send him a legal notice asking for payment of the remaining amount.

    If the builder doesn't reply to the legal notice, you can file case before the consumer forum claiming for return of balance amount along with compensation for delay and mental harassment.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sudershani Ray

  Kailash Hills
 Experience: 10 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly