Brother took over father's property. Do i have share?
I got married in 1989. now i am thinking of asking my share in the property belonging to my father. My father passed away few years back and thereafter my brother took over all the property. can i apply through the court for the share. in other words do i have the share in my fathers property ?
Yes, you are entitled to claim share in your father property.
You have equal share in the property as your brother.
You can file a partition suit in the concerned civil court to claim your share.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- police not registering case
- Employer shut down its operations without notice what can i do
- Can i be terminated if i am unable to present the reliving letter
- How to recover the land occupied by someone else in a society
- Can parents claim in husband's pension amount