quesBrother took over father's property. Do i have share?

I got married in 1989. now i am thinking of asking my share in the property belonging to my father. My father passed away few years back and thereafter my brother took over all the property. can i apply through the court for the share. in other words do i have the share in my fathers property ?

  • ansYes, you are entitled to claim share in your father property.

    You have equal share in the property as your brother.

    You can file a partition suit in the concerned civil court to claim your share.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My farm neighbourer planted populus ciliata (safeda in punjabi) near my farm of rice. Is…
I have purchased and make agreement on july 2013 also made full payments in same…
I am the original allottee of a DDA Flat in a Co-operative Group Housing Society…
We are planning to take a home loan, where i'll be the primary applicant and…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ekta Mehta

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly