quesbrother-in-law possessed property unlawfully

My mother in law gifted my wife a villa/house. My brother in law also got another property from his father which he latter sold . My father in law died in 2012. But my brother in law continued to live in the house which belonged to my wife & promised to vacate the room soon.But after my mother in law's death he refused to vacate the room & went away to his new apartment by keeping the said room under lock &key & fully furnished.Now in the mean my time my wife transferred the property to me through a registered deed without any opposition. Now my question is that can I sell the house to third party? can my brother in law throw injunction to this transaction? what will I do about the room which he kept under lock & key?I am facing difficulty to sell my house as no one is accepting it with lock. what should i do?

It may be noted that my brother in law claimed 50% of his mother's property which was gifted to my wife by her mother through registered deed. Is it a valid claim?

  • ansHello, the claim made by your brother in-law is not a valid claim. Although your mother in-law had already gifted the property to your wife, which later she in turn executed the gift deed in your favour. So as on date you are the absolute owner of the property and can sell the said property if you wish to.

    Your brother-in-law won't get in any injunction restraining you from creating third party rights in the property in question.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My brother has a property in Banglore.. He stays in US . As he wanted…

My family is living since 35 years beside or on canal(artificial waterway) road. like us…
My husband had a flat in Dombivili, Thane District of Maharashtra and he expired in…
what should i do for the advance paid amount to owner for a site in…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly