Brother forced mother for gift deed. What to do now?
There is a house in the name of Mother. Father has expired. There was a Will whereby the house will be shared equally by all children. But the son has compelled the mother to execute a gift deed thereby forcing her to pass on the property to the son. The will has been destroyed. Now can the daughter get share of their father's property.
Mother was the absolute owner of the property. The registered Gift Deed will be vaild than the Will which has now been destroyed.
If the mother has been compelled by the son to execute and register the said Gift Deed, then she is the person who should file police complaint against her son and/or file a petition for declaration that the said Gift Deed is illegal.
Otherwise, the Gift Deed will be treated as a valid deed of conveyance.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- How long to wait after ex party divorce to remarry? Can girl appeal
- what to do if husband is not replying and husband not giving divorce
- Court fee for Declaration of title of agricultural land
- Salary not paid for 7 months. How do i recover it? I m in trouble.
- Harassment by the court Can I take action against the magistrate