quesBrother forced mother for gift deed. What to do now?

There is a house in the name of Mother. Father has expired. There was a Will whereby the house will be shared equally by all children. But the son has compelled the mother to execute a gift deed thereby forcing her to pass on the property to the son. The will has been destroyed. Now can the daughter get share of their father's property.

  • ansMother was the absolute owner of the property. The registered Gift Deed will be vaild than the Will which has now been destroyed.

    If the mother has been compelled by the son to execute and register the said Gift Deed, then she is the person who should file police complaint against her son and/or file a petition for declaration that the said Gift Deed is illegal.

    Otherwise, the Gift Deed will be treated as a valid deed of conveyance.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

i had my home loan in PNG which I am transferring to HDFC bank. in…

I am belongs to a Hindu family. We are having a property (agro land) purchased…
I gave power of attorney to a person and after some time I intimated him…
Actually We are given shelters by Indian Govt in 1975 In Indore as a Refugee…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly