Brother claiming whole ancestral property. What to do?
My father died in 2010 and after which my brother brought a false Will saying all the property to be transferred in his name. There was a plot which has been transferred in his name now. That plot was my grandfathers, which was transferred to my father as a part of property division. Now my mother and him are selling it without giving me any share and are asking me for a NOC. What should i do? DO i have a share in that property?
You have a one share in the property along with one share each of your brother and mother.
Since your brother is claiming whole property, he will have to get the Will probated and you can contest it if in your opinion it is false.
You can also file a suit for partition claiming that your father died intestate.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- How to change registered address of office from one state to another?
- Who to contact if muslim wife wants divorce?
- What is the process to transfer the property through gift deed
- Jaipur Development Authority illegal demolition what can be done
- Person forcefully seized my land not vacating even after orders