Bought property 42 yrs back. No document. Seller's son asking it back.
There is an ancestral property which was purchased by my grandfather around 42 years back. The required documents were not transferred at the time of purchase. The property is very much in our possession.
Now, the legal heir of the seller claims the same property and has tried to stop the construction of the property claiming encroachment of their property and we have forced them to vacate that place.
As both, the seller and the buyer are no more, what should be our stand to fight the case?
There must be some document which was executed at the time of sale of the property, even a single paper would invariably help to claim your family's ownership over the same, provided, it conveys an intent that the property is being sold or that the seller has recieved any moneytary consideration.
Since you are in possession of the place for such a long time, and nobody has disputed your title, you also become the owner thereof by virtue of adverse possession and you must be having some record in the form of id's, address proofs of your and your family's possession over the same.
Further you can file a case of declaration declaring that your family is the owner of the said property and seeking stay that the legal heirs of seller be restrained from interferring in your peaceful possession.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company Bond Breaking and is work duration bond legal in india?
- Can a landlord evict a tenant after 20 years of tenancy
- Buy Property but builder stopped construction work what can be done
- 12 months salary not paid company not closed what action can i take
- Friend's wife filed false 498 A case against him