quesBought joint property. How to transfer it my name?

I recently purchased a property in joint name of me and my mother. I want to get the entire property transferred in my name. Please tell me how can we do that?

  • ansYour mother can execute relinquishment deed in your favor. It attracts nominal stamp duty. The relinquishment deed has to be registered.

    In the alternative your mother can execute gift deed in your favor and have it duly stamped and registered. Gift deed attracts 2% of market value of the property as stamp duty. If you don't want to spend any money on stamp duty your mother can make a will in your favor for her 50% share.

    No stamp duty is payable in respect of Will and it need not be registered.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear sir, I purchased a flat from Cosmos infra pvt. Ltd. I paid all the…

There are 5 brothers and 7 sisters in a family. In current situation, all the…

My grandfather made a will in which he made my mother (my father had passed…
my name is reddy.i am a physically handicapped person with age of 28 years.i am…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly