×

quesAunt wants share in father's property

Dear sir my aunty was want to share our property she is my dady sister her age was above 70 any possible to got share and case was going court case status was given below Case Status First Hearing Date : 22nd January 2015 Decision Date: 06th July 2016 Case Status : CASE DISPOSED Nature of Disposal: Contested--DISMISSED Court No. and Judge : 3-Additional Sub judge Sir my aunty is petitioner she will going to next stage to case? How many days will go take reopening the case? She got share to property law is possible and what I do sir

• ansFrom the brief information you have provided it can be seen that your aunt had filed a partition suit seeking share in the proeprty.

However since the case was not followed up properly the suit was dismissed for default.

Now you have asked the question that within what time or how long she will take to file restoration petition.

Who will answer this question or how can a lawyer from this platform predict such an event?

Moreover you have not given any details of the property that is whether it was ancestral or self acquired property ad on whose name it is etc, as well as on what basis is she claiming a share in the property.

In the absence of any detail it may not be possible to render any proper opinion about whether she is eligible for a share in the property or not.

You may revert with details.