Apportion of penalty and fine
In an old civil case we are 4 respondents. One is a company which is now bankrupt and taken over by some other company and now almost defunct.Second is past CEO of this company and has since migrated out of India.Third is Director of this company and now is deceased.Fourth is my proprietory concern which is now permanantly shut.In a case the court has ordered a penalty and fine together amounting to Rs.80000/- . Now the question is how will this be aprportioned ? as I am the only person here will I have to pay 1/3 of the liability? Is there some remedy in Law to aproportion fines and penelties ? Can migration out of India or Death spare the respondents ?
if order says jointly or severly then you will have to bear
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is my share in the inherited ancestral property
- Can i get divorce if husband is missing for past 4 years and re marry?
- copy of Order granting and refusing leave to appeal to SC
- What is the procedure to marry an American citizen
- legal remedy to pursue the case in HC in Stamp duty refund case