quesAncestral property received from grandpa. Do we have any claim on it?

My father got a shop & HOME from my grandfather under a family settlement do we have any right to claim on that

• ansKindly intimate the religion of the quierist as also the fact whether the term grandfather connotes maternal grandfather or paternal grandfather in the query. The religion would determine the succession law applicable. Also intimate as to whether the term family settlement has been used in it's legal sense and there was either a family settlement deed executed or a partition by metes and bounds.

Advocate Rahil Chadha

Old Janipur, Jammu

• ansYes every right in the ancestral property. if the same also in not possessed by you.
    But Ancestral means
    Grand grand father
    |
    Grand father
    |
    Father
    |
    Claiming Grand Son.

Advocate Amit Chopra

Gandhi Nagar, Jammu