quesAncestral property received from grandpa. Do we have any claim on it?

My father got a shop & HOME from my grandfather under a family settlement do we have any right to claim on that

  • ansKindly intimate the religion of the quierist as also the fact whether the term grandfather connotes maternal grandfather or paternal grandfather in the query. The religion would determine the succession law applicable. Also intimate as to whether the term family settlement has been used in it's legal sense and there was either a family settlement deed executed or a partition by metes and bounds.

    Advocate Rahil Chadha

      Old Janipur, Jammu

  • ansYes every right in the ancestral property. if the same also in not possessed by you.
    But Ancestral means
    Grand grand father
    Grand father
    Claiming Grand Son.

    Advocate Amit Chopra

      Gandhi Nagar, Jammu

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

We have a property since last 20 years different companies are posting illegal ads regarding…

I am 57 yrs old woman currently living in Chennai with my two children. My…

My paternal uncle had sold by forgery a land that was fathers property (after my…

We bough a plot from the builder (Shree Vinayak Build Estate, Joymax Garden B, Ajmer…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly