Ancestral property in grandfather's name. My share.
My grand fatherâ€™s father was partitioned his self acquired properties in 1965 with his sons. In that partition deed my grand father got a house and some lands. Lands are sold away before 1985. My grand father has 2 sons and 2 daughters. All are married before 1983. My father is second son to my grand father, From 1985 to 2000 my father only maintained our grand father and grand mother. in 2000 My father expired. my grand father (age 80) wrote a settlement deed in favour of his one deased sonâ€™s two children (age 25 & 30) to maintain himself and his wife in 2002. In 2010 my grand father died. In 2011 my grand fatherâ€™s another son and 2 daughters filled a suit to divide the property. And my 2 aunties take my grand mother with them to get her share for them. They are asking equal share in the property (house) My grand fatherâ€™s settlement deed is registered in 2002. is it Valid?
The question of validity would have to be answered with reference to the clauses mentioned in the settlement deed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the liability of the bank in case of dishonor of cheque
- Property mortgaged borrower died how can legal heirs claim property
- Father and me bought property jointly, how much share father entitled?
- Employer not paying due salary afetr resignation how to claim
- Rescheduled the flight said will pay compensation but did not