Am i entitled to my dead son's property? Am a hindu family widow.
I am a Hindu family widow and my son had died in February 2007. He has no child. His wife remarried in January 2008. Am I entitled share from his property?
First of all sorry to hear about your son. Yes, if your son has expired intestate i.e., without executing any will, then both you and your daughter-in-law become entitled to the properties of your son, in equal share.
However, if there is a will, then the bequeth shall be as per the will, if the will is validly executed, under the law.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Agreement to sale signed but only the last page any issue in this
- Society guards troubling me and provoking me what action can i take
- Wish to do inter caste marriage. What's the method for court marriage?
- Going to women counselling with my wife for settlement
- How to recover money robbed by transgenders