A person died without any heir. Can i legally takeover her property?
My neighbor is a female. She died without making any Will and there is no one to claim the property she left.
Can I claim her property somehow? If not then what will happen to her property?
Whom should I notify regarding her property left without anyone to claim it?
As your neighbor died intestate and there is no person to claim her property, it still does not entitle you to takeover her property.
No law provides for inheriting neighbor’s property if there is no person to claim her property.
As per the law if there is no legal heir to claim the property, the said property vests to the state.
You can inform the considered tehsildar or district registrar for taking necessary actions.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- will it create legal problems to take new identity to show young age
- Landlord not returning security deposit
- How can i obtain my documents from govt. office other than RTI?
- 3 owner of property 2 doing business in it not giving anything to me
- Can MNC employee start his/her own website without leaving job?