quesA person died without any heir. Can i legally takeover her property?

My neighbor is a female. She died without making any Will and there is no one to claim the property she left.

Can I claim her property somehow? If not then what will happen to her property?

Whom should I notify regarding her property left without anyone to claim it?

  • ans

    As your neighbor died intestate and there is no person to claim her property, it still does not entitle you to takeover her property. 

    No law provides for inheriting neighbor’s property if there is no person to claim her property.

    As per the law if there is no legal heir to claim the property, the said property vests to the state.

    You can inform the considered tehsildar or district registrar for taking necessary actions.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father has a land in our village in his own name after family distribution but…

A land of 4.5 acres owned by my grandfather was sold 20 years ago. My…

Our family consists of 2 brothers, 2 sisters and mother. I am the elder son…

Sir, Iam from hyderabad, Iam the owner of one of flat out of 15 Flats…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly