×

queswhats section 28 under shariat act

Hi, my husband has filled a case against me under shariat act section 28 even though I was lawful to him n his family. He started beating me within month of marriage then his parents tried to cover it by saying someone has done black magic on him he is under work pressure etc etc after few months I informed my parents n went with them before leaving we talked to their relatives as it was a major step...this thing they didn't like then we my parents tried to sort out matter but it didn't work as revenge to our steps he filled case in family court stating false allegations on me , in notice it has been mentioned that he has prayed to court yo issue order against me that I'll hv to come back to his home under conditions that my parents n relatives won't interfere ....but when I tried to talk to him he said he won't take me back I hv insulted him n his parents by telling all things to their relatives.. it's nt clear whether he wants to take me back or just playing legal game.

• ansIt looks like your husband has initiated a court case for restitution if conjugal rights, which means he is asking the court to order you to come back to his house and resume marital ties with him. The recourse before you is that you have to oppose the petition. Once you are able to put your case and show the reasons for leaving him, his petition will not stand.

Advocate Samina Mirza

Nerul, NaviMumbai