×

quesWhat is the proprietary position of female in Shia Muslim law?

What is the proprietary position of female under Shia Muslim law?

• ans"Under Shia law, a daughter in the absence of a son inherits as a sharer. If there is only one daughter or only one descendant of such daughter, she will take 1⁄2 of the property and if there are two or more than two descendants they take 2/3 of the property. With the son a daughter inherits as a residuary and takes a share that is equal to half of his share. As the rights of agnates are not recognised, the daughter gets a higher share under the Shia law.
     If the deceased left behind a mother, daughter and a brother under the Shia scheme, the mother gets one-fourth and the daughter three-fourths of the estate."