Sharing of father's self-acquired property according to muslim law
My father self-acquired plot measuring 4129 sq. ft. and built a small house in 1978. My father expired in April 2006 leaving behind my Mother, Myself a Son and two married daughters. One daughter was married in 1981 got separated in 1983 and was living with me and my mother till 2014. However, she opted to stay with my other sister who was married in 1983. My Mother expired in Dec. 2015. Now, the question is how to share the property what are my rights and I have one daughter and two sons, so what is the right of my Sons. How to share the property. I am a Muslim.
hi, as per the muslim law son will get 2 share and each daughter they get one share let me explain you in this way:-
your father have 4129 sqft house in that u will get, 2752 sqft and other daughters they will get 1376 sqft each, .
Advocate Shabuddin B SHSR Layout, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Purchased father's property after his death can siblings claim share
- UP apartment Act of 2010 has retrospective effect.
- Legal requirements to start web Development training centre
- Double registry of plot done can any action be taken against me.
- Can I seek mortgage on my share of undivided ancestral property