Daughter's share in father's property as per Muslim law
i have 4 brother's, i am only daughter, i got married and my father is nomore, we are muslims and as per islamic law i would like to know what will be my share of my father's property? My brother's are saying one share to my mother and only 30% to me is it true.
There are six fractions of shares mentioned in the Quran:
2/3, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/3, 1/6.The 2/3 share is
for two or more daughters;
for two or more son’s daughters;
for two or more sisters;
for two or more half- sister;
The 1/3 share is
for two or more of mother’s children;
for the mother in the absence of child, or son’s child or two or more brothers or sisters;
some times for the grand father when there are brothers and sisters,
The 1/2 share is
For one of the four sets of females mentioned above when she is alone.
for the husband when his wife leaves no issue.
The 1/4 share is
for the husband when the wife leaves children;
for the wife when the husband leaves no children
The 1/8 share is
for the wife when her husband leaves children
The 1/6 share is
for the father when the deceased leaves children;
for the grandfather;
for the mother when the deceased leaves children or two or more brothers and sisters;
for the grandmother when the deceased leaves children or two or more brothers and sisters;
for the son’s daughter when the deceased has one daughter;
for one or more half – sisters when there is a sister
for two or mother’s children;
When a father and spouse are alive, after assigning the respective shares due to them, One Third of the Remainder will be assigned to the mother.
The portion assigned to the wife has to be shared equally by two or three of four wives.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- if wife files divorce can she get alimony how should i proceed?
- How can I get my relieving letter
- Illegal sell and construction of common space what action possible
- Name changed is it necessary to change signature on every document
- Girlfriend putting false allegation after break up