×

quesCan Muslim lady adopt a girl child

Islam does not recognize adoption, but is there any provision in law for a Muslim girl child (minor) adopted by an unmarried service class muslim lady. The lady who adopted the girl child expired during service. Please reply, whether the adoptee girl child will get benefits of pension along with employment under compassionate ground etc., after death of adopting lady. Is there any provision in Law for such adopted child. If yes, please quote citation also.

• ansyes a lady who is other than.Hindu ccsn go for adoption with the permission if her husband is supporting her though Islam does not support adoption hence in rare cases it is permitted how evet .you fell free to ask any query
    regarding lattest Islamic lae

Advocate Rajendra Sharma

Tiz Hazari, Delhi

• ansYes the adopted child will be entitled to all the benefits. A muslim woman can adopt under Juvenile Justice Act and the adopted child will be entitled to all the benefits that a natural born child has.

Advocate Srishti Saxena

Guru Apartments, Dwarka, Delhi