Police not filing charge sheet in court in motor accident death case
An accident took place an year ago in a bank van in which my nephew was a security guard and he died in the accident. Till now the Police has not filed a charge sheet and thereby the claim is not been given to the heirs of my nephew. The police does not give any response also. How can we make this process faster as the nephew has small dependents and they are having a difficult time.
As you stated that there is a delay in filing the charge sheet by the police,
we infer from the given information that, a criminal case has been filed against the person who caused the accident.
Now regarding your query,
To receive compensation we would like to inform you that, you should file a suit in the MACT (motor accident claim tribunals).
As the chargesheet has not been filed the same should be highlighted in the subsequent proceedings.
Once a suit is filed the tribunal will grant you the appropriate compensation.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Minimum cost and compliance on transfer of property within family
- How to get a case under Section 9 HMA disposed of?
- Corruption in a bank how to complaint against them
- Property divided. Can one sell his share w/o consent of other person?
- Purchased land & land not hand over after 6 years please advise