×

quesPerson refusing to pay for car repair after causing an accident.

Few days back a person hit my car from the side due to which i suffered minor shoulder injury. After talking to him he agreed to pay me the amount i need to pay after insurance claim. I took all the photos of the accident and a snapshot of his driving license. Now i need to pay rs. 13,000/- for the car repairs. But after intimating the same to him, he is now refusing to pay it. what legal action can i take against him?

In such case you can file a FIR at the nearest police station. 

If the police refuse to register the FIR, the same can be with the intervention of the court by making a written complaint to the magistrate.

Alongwith that you can ask for claim from the MACT (Motor Accidents Claim Tribunal)

• ansLodge an FIR and also a claim under MACT.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi