quesPerson refusing to pay for car repair after causing an accident.

Few days back a person hit my car from the side due to which i suffered minor shoulder injury. After talking to him he agreed to pay me the amount i need to pay after insurance claim. I took all the photos of the accident and a snapshot of his driving license. Now i need to pay rs. 13,000/- for the car repairs. But after intimating the same to him, he is now refusing to pay it. what legal action can i take against him?

  • ans

    In such case you can file a FIR at the nearest police station. 

    If the police refuse to register the FIR, the same can be with the intervention of the court by making a written complaint to the magistrate.

    Alongwith that you can ask for claim from the MACT (Motor Accidents Claim Tribunal)

  • ansLodge an FIR and also a claim under MACT.

    Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

      Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Motor Accident lawyers in India

Similar questions

My wife went to nearby hospital. The security guard wanted to re park the car.…

I met with an accident near Sagara due to the negligance of bus driver on…

I met an accident in 2010, lower court awarded 5 lacs of compensation. I appealed…

Sir, yesterday my car car has been hit by a drunk bike driver. He was…

Motor Accident Lawyers in India

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nitin Chopra

  Sukriti Vihar Colony
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly