Person refusing to pay for car repair after causing an accident.
Few days back a person hit my car from the side due to which i suffered minor shoulder injury. After talking to him he agreed to pay me the amount i need to pay after insurance claim. I took all the photos of the accident and a snapshot of his driving license. Now i need to pay rs. 13,000/- for the car repairs. But after intimating the same to him, he is now refusing to pay it. what legal action can i take against him?
In such case you can file a FIR at the nearest police station.
If the police refuse to register the FIR, the same can be with the intervention of the court by making a written complaint to the magistrate.
Alongwith that you can ask for claim from the MACT (Motor Accidents Claim Tribunal)
Lodge an FIR and also a claim under MACT.
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Divorce rights what are my rights as a wife and a mother of 2 children
- my younger brother demand for his share in my property
- GPA is valid to buy a Plot
- Employer not issuing relieving letter what are my legal rights
- Is licence required for herbal products