Person refusing to pay for car repair after causing an accident.
Few days back a person hit my car from the side due to which i suffered minor shoulder injury. After talking to him he agreed to pay me the amount i need to pay after insurance claim. I took all the photos of the accident and a snapshot of his driving license. Now i need to pay rs. 13,000/- for the car repairs. But after intimating the same to him, he is now refusing to pay it. what legal action can i take against him?
In such case you can file a FIR at the nearest police station.
If the police refuse to register the FIR, the same can be with the intervention of the court by making a written complaint to the magistrate.
Alongwith that you can ask for claim from the MACT (Motor Accidents Claim Tribunal)
Lodge an FIR and also a claim under MACT.
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can company file police case, if they think i leaked some information?
- Who will be given child custody after divorce
- What is the procedure to get the succession certificate
- Paternal uncles asking property in which father running shop for 30 yr
- Land given for development contracting forcing to build extra floor