Motor car accident.
I was involved in a car accident. my car was Dzire and the other party was innova. We had an head on collision in a sharp curve/turn. The breadth of the road was 04 mtr only and my car had occupied 2.4 mtr of the road and his 1.6 mtrs. In panchnama, it seems i am at fault. i did not just notice the innova car approaching. When i saw it coming i had pressed the brakes hard but my vehicle skidded and hit the innova at right corner. Note: There was no major injury to any personnel all are fine. Sir, i wanted to ask in these Motor Vehicle accident cases what will be the punishment if i felt guilty What should i do? should i opt and adovate.
Has any case been registered against you for rash driving u/s279 of IPC by the Police? Enquire. If not then relax. Nothing will happen to you. If yes, then collect evidence including photographs of the spot of the accident, conditions of the cars after accident, if possible. For insurance claim for repair, the insurer has certainly taken photograph of your car. Collect one copy from him.
Accidents are not punishable but accidents due to rash driving are punishable. You shall have to prove that you did not drive rash, 6. Engage a local lawyer having expertise in this field.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i construct a room in a stilt common area of the building
- How to start a retail chain of apparels
- Coversion of religion can affect on the caste system attached to job.
- What is the procedure for dissolving a company
- What is the stamp duty applicable on gifting property to someone?