quesMotor car accident.

I was involved in a car accident. my car was Dzire and the other party was innova. We had an head on collision in a sharp curve/turn. The breadth of the road was 04 mtr only and my car had occupied 2.4 mtr of the road and his 1.6 mtrs. In panchnama, it seems i am at fault. i did not just notice the innova car approaching. When i saw it coming i had pressed the brakes hard but my vehicle skidded and hit the innova at right corner. Note: There was no major injury to any personnel all are fine. Sir, i wanted to ask in these Motor Vehicle accident cases what will be the punishment if i felt guilty What should i do? should i opt and adovate.

• ansHas any case been registered against you for rash driving u/s279 of IPC by the Police? Enquire. If not then relax. Nothing will happen to you. If yes, then collect evidence including photographs of the spot of the accident, conditions of the cars after accident, if possible. For insurance claim for repair, the insurer has certainly taken photograph of your car. Collect one copy from him.

Accidents are not punishable but accidents due to rash driving are punishable. You shall have to prove that you did not drive rash, 6. Engage a local lawyer having expertise in this field.