quesMother died in road accident

My mother died on the spot in a road accident. My sister was with her at that moment. The driver was held on the spot by my relatives. My cousin became the first eye witness. My sister was not in a position to talk at that moment so she gave her statement the next day and thus registered as the second eye witness. The driver denied that he is not wrong.

What if my cousin doesn't appear on the date of hearing for his statement? To what extent it can affect the case? Are we liable for any compensation under such situation?

• ansThe evidence of the witness is necessary to prove that driver of car was driving recklessly and in a negligent manner. Your cousin saw driver at wheel of the car and her evidence is very crucial in the case.

Your sister's evidence will add to the charges of rash and negligent driving . For compensation you have to file a case in the Motor Accident Tribunal.