Mother died in road accident
My mother died on the spot in a road accident. My sister was with her at that moment. The driver was held on the spot by my relatives. My cousin became the first eye witness. My sister was not in a position to talk at that moment so she gave her statement the next day and thus registered as the second eye witness. The driver denied that he is not wrong.
What if my cousin doesn't appear on the date of hearing for his statement? To what extent it can affect the case? Are we liable for any compensation under such situation?
The evidence of the witness is necessary to prove that driver of car was driving recklessly and in a negligent manner. Your cousin saw driver at wheel of the car and her evidence is very crucial in the case.
Your sister's evidence will add to the charges of rash and negligent driving . For compensation you have to file a case in the Motor Accident Tribunal.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- obtaining succession certificate
- Husband has filed child custody under muslim law children with me
- is route plan or map of the property needed for registration?
- Opposite party failed to executed the decree what are the consequences
- Precautions to be taken for renting house to person from another state