quesIs owner liable if fatal accident by driver of commercial vehicle

Respected Sir as I am going to start a new business with low budget in hand kindly confirm 1) Is it possible to convert 5 seater eeco into 7 seater. 2)If a driver (an employee) do an accident where a person dies does an owner held for this. Kindly confirm.

• ansThe owner is liable for the wrongs committed by his servants only if there was consent/ permission from the master to the servant. If the owner is able to prove successfully (which is most unlikely), the owner will not be liable to pay compensation and consequently insurance company will not be liable as the insured / owner.
    Adding extra seats to EECO 5 seater to make it 7 seater is ILLEGAL !!!
    If you are stopped by RTO and find the embellem badage on the car with 7 seats installed your car will be confiscated

The 3rd row of seats donot have a stand and are fitted directly to the body so there would be no legroom and after folding the seats will leave less space in the boot for luggage.
    the dealer could help you in this regard after considering RTO rules and regulations in your city

Advocate Ishan Rohan

Madan Mohan Mandir, Ranchi

• ansI don't know your case in detail please give me detail of your case. You can convert the ecco vehicle from 7 seater into 5 seater but can't convert in 5 seater into 7 seater. But 2nd question give me ur detail of the case then i can do the right answer.

Advocate Uma Shanker

Saket Court, Delhi