Husband died in accident. Who is entitled to the compensation?
My husband expired on bus accident.I File MVA case. on top of that my In- law also file the case.i would like to know who has rights to get the money.My in-law has been thrown me out from the home.They did not give any share to me also.
In Motor Vehicle Accident Claims, the legal heirs of the deceased, whether dependant or not can claim compensation. Therefore, both you and your in-laws are entitled to compensation. If there is more than one claim filed with respect to the death of same person, it is the duty of the tribunal to ensure that such claim petitions are heard and decided together.
Even if the Tribunal finds out that another claim petition with regard to the death of the same person is pending before some other Tribunal, it should ensure that only one proceeding continues. You may therefore engage an Advocate to file an application to consolidate the proceedings if both are pending.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can sister claim share in brother's property. Please advise.
- Mother in law forcing me and my husband to leave my matrimonial home
- Can job on compassionate ground be rejected if i am not 10th pass?
- Wrongful confinement by police, please advise what can be done
- MOU in mutual divorce