compensation denied after being hit by a car. What can i do?
last week somebody has hit my car and promise to pay the compensation but now he is denying. What can i do?
A motor accident has two facets, one is the commission of criminal offence and the other is compensation claim. The person responsible for causing the accident by negligent driving is liable to be booked for criminal offence, further liable to pay compensation to the victim. If he was driving rashly then we suggest you to lodge an FIR in the police station under Section 279/337 against the person and also stating the grevious hurt to you.
The State will thereafter prove that the accident took place with whose and who was driving the same rashly and negligently. In such cases the statements of the eye witnesses (if any) to the accident is required to be produced during the trial.
To claim compensation you have to file a separate petition under Motor Vehicle Act in the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal. Even if the fault of driver is not proved still the legal heirs of the deceased will be entitled to "no fault liability" from the Insurance Company.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to pay back cheque bounce amount
- Do we have to make separate Will for every immovable property
- Uncle claiming share in the property what can i do.
- Is it legal to run a workshop in a residential colony
- No agreement regarding given loan. Cheque bounced. How to recover now?