car accident involving self
My Son aged 23 years met with car accident . He was driving . His friend hurt badly . Car is total loss . MLC report says no alcohol . However the other person has now registered a case under section 279/337 . Car is insured comprehensive. Basically it is to extract money in the guise of this case . please suggest what to do . Accident happened on 23rd April and the case is registered today . The car is with me at my father's place
A motor accident has two facets, one is the commission of criminal offence and the other is compensation claim.
The person responsible for causing the accident by negligent driving is liable to be booked for criminal offence, further liable to pay compensation to the victim. If he was driving rashly then we suggest you to lodge an FIR in the police station under Section 279/337 against the person and also stating the grevious hurt of your friend.
The State will thereafter prove that the accident took place with whose and who was driving the same rashly and negligently. In such cases the statements of the eye witnesses (if any) to the accident is required to be produced during the trial.
To claim compensation you have to file a separate petition under Motor Vehicle Act in the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal. Even if the fault of driver is not proved still the legal heirs of the deceased will be entitled to "no fault liability" from the Insurance Company.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Salary full and final and other allowances still not processed
- Girl blackmailing to transfer money or she will publish personal pics
- Can I marry my mother's cousin
- Wife threatening to file case against me what action can I take
- in laws pressuring me to get separated From my parrents