quesCan police deny to register any FIR against unknown person?

Sir is there any law that police cannot register any FIR against unknown person ...they had only register DDR...we had requested a lot to police to register a FIR. It was a motor accident in which my brother died.

In case of Motor Vehicle accident case, if you are aware of offender then police can registered a complaint against them.

However if you are unaware of the offender, then police will registered the case only after investigation