quesCan police deny to register any FIR against unknown person?

Sir is there any law that police cannot register any FIR against unknown person ...they had only register DDR...we had requested a lot to police to register a FIR. It was a motor accident in which my brother died.

  • ans

    In case of Motor Vehicle accident case, if you are aware of offender then police can registered a complaint against them.

    However if you are unaware of the offender, then police will registered the case only after investigation

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Motor Accident lawyers in India

Similar questions

If i am not satisfied with my lawyer how do i change him

Dear Sir, I have met with an car accident in JISS chouraha in Sector-62, Noida.…

I had met with an accident on 16.08.2015. I had no injuries and the opposite…

Motor Accident Lawyers in India

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nitin Chopra

  Sukriti Vihar Colony
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly