quesBuyer not transferring car RC on his name. What should we do?

Hi sir/madam We sold our car to a mechanic after an accident. He repaired and using it but he is not transfering the RC from our name. It has been more than 6months now. We have given him all the required documents including original RC. If anything happens involving that car we will booked right. What should we do now? We have a sale agreement written on a paper but I think that might not be legally valid. Can please suggest any solution and also whether we have any protection if some thing happens involving that car.

You need to file an affidavit with the Transport authority where the car stands registered mentioning all the details regarding the transaction and annexing a copy of all the documents submitted by the buyer. 

• ansYou need to file an affidavit with the Transport authority where the car stands registered mentioning all the details regarding the transaction and annexing a copy of all the documents submitted by the buyer.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi