quesSurgery gone wrong. How can i hold the doctor and hospital responsible

Went through a surgery in one of the reputed hospital in mysore for a minor problem. The surgery went wrong in some way and has caused an irreparable damage.

Can I hold the doctor and the hospital responsible for the pain that I have to go through daily due the wrong surgery done by the doctor?

Whom should I contact if wish to complaint against them? What are the points that I should keep in mind while making the complaint?

I have a family to take care of and I am only 30 years old and an engineer.

  • ans

    Yes, you can hold the doctor as well as the hospital liable for the damage done to your health. They will also be liable to pay compensation to you for the wrong done to you.

    To complain against them, you can a file your complaint against the doctor to the Medical Council of India (MCI) 

    And you can also complaint to the concerned consumer court about the hospital about the negligence.

    The points to be kept in mind while drafting the complaint should be as follows:

    1.    You should have all the medical records from the hospital which could be treated as a proof.

    2.    You should also get a second opinion regarding the medical negligence to strengthen your case. 

    Thereafter depending on your case and your losses you would be awarded appropriately by the court.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Medical Negligence lawyers in India

Similar questions

My mother died at pune hospital due to negligence.the hospital not capable of handling critical…

 I work for BBC and presently on leave in visakhapatnam. My husband is in INdian…

Can I file a case against a Doctor for Clinical negligence?

How can I prove in the court that the medtronic company pacemaker is faulty? And…

Medical Negligence Lawyers in India

Advocate Abheek Saha

 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Jai Dehadrai

  Hauz Khas
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Namrata Rane

 Experience: 10 years

Advocate Jai Bansal

  C R Park
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly