Surgery gone wrong. How can i hold the doctor and hospital responsible
Went through a surgery in one of the reputed hospital in mysore for a minor problem. The surgery went wrong in some way and has caused an irreparable damage.
Can I hold the doctor and the hospital responsible for the pain that I have to go through daily due the wrong surgery done by the doctor?
Whom should I contact if wish to complaint against them? What are the points that I should keep in mind while making the complaint?
I have a family to take care of and I am only 30 years old and an engineer.
Yes, you can hold the doctor as well as the hospital liable for the damage done to your health. They will also be liable to pay compensation to you for the wrong done to you.
To complain against them, you can a file your complaint against the doctor to the Medical Council of India (MCI)
And you can also complaint to the concerned consumer court about the hospital about the negligence.
The points to be kept in mind while drafting the complaint should be as follows:
1. You should have all the medical records from the hospital which could be treated as a proof.
2. You should also get a second opinion regarding the medical negligence to strengthen your case.
Thereafter depending on your case and your losses you would be awarded appropriately by the court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Agreement on plain paper will this be valid
- Full and final settlement cheque bounced. Co. closed. How to recover?
- Wife misusing my nude pics for getting divorce and defame me
- Company asking to pay for the product that i already returned?
- Bank not releasing mortgage paper after repayment of loan. What to do?