Medical negligence severe brain injury to baby at birth
My 1.6 year old son had severe brain injury at birth. I had a planned c section and few minutes before the c section the baby's heartbeat was fine. During the c section i was told the baby has severe birth asphyxia, i suffered feto-maternal haemmorhage and the baby was born with absent heart rate and suffered multiple conditions including seizures. 10 days before my delivery the sonography report was excellent. Even the obstetrician doesn't know how it happened. The hospital took my sonography report post my delivery to re-read it & later told me they misplaced it. It was a full term big baby.
This situation described by you merits sending a legal notice through an advocate demanding an explanation as to how your baby had so many problems just within 10 days of excellent sonography report.
Also you can also ask for a compensation for the negligent attitude of the hospital due to which your sonography report has been misplaced.
You can file a consumer complaint for medical negligence in an appropriate consumer forum if you are not served with a reply within fifteen days time.
Seeking an expert guidance from an advocate would be very helpful for you in this case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can father get the child custody of one year old child?
- Son applied for father's govt job but no support from the authorities
- Son to pay maintenance for his father.
- Can my mother claim share in her fathers property
- Finance company made false promises for loan. Where to complain?