quesHospital rights about female.

I am a center govt employee. My wife's delivery was conducted in a organizational dependent govt hospital. When she was admitted there was a female doctor. As per rule after 6:00 pm no relative of the patient can stay in the hospital thus we were asked to go back in home. Suddenly when my wife go to the labor room she come to know that the doctor was male.

She was in great pain and silently oppose the nurse to deny the vaginal test but nurse shouted on her and she inevitably go throughout the test. I and my family were not there. During delivery there was no of gents doctor entering the labor room. All the examination of my wife done in open and nude condition without my or my wife permission.

• ansThe rules of Medical Council of India have been flouted with utmost impunity. Your wife is entitled to move the civil court or the consumer court and seek heavy monetary damages from the hospital. Simultaneously you may also lodge a complaint to the Medical Council of India.