Agreement for compromise between the employer and workman for payment of compensation under workmen's compensation act
A compromise agreement is a legally binding agreement entered between an employee and employer to determine the amount of compensation to be paid in an event of an injury or accident or death caused to the employee during the course of his employment.
It governs the terms and condition of settlement agreed upon by the parties.
Download Word Doc
Draft of Agreement for Compromise between the Employer and Workman for Payment of Compensation under Workmen's Compensation Act
This Agreement is made at __________ on this ______ day of ___________, 20___, between A B Co. Ltd., a company incorporated under the Companies Act,1956 or Companies Act, 2013, and having its registered office at ________________ hereinafter called "the Employer" (which expression shall unless repugnant to the context or meaning thereof include its successors and assigns) of the ONE PART and Shri X son of _________, resident of _______________ hereinafter called "the workman" (which expression shall unless repugnant to the context or meaning thereof, include his heirs, executors, administrators and assigns) of the Other Part.
Whereas the workman was employed by the employer in its factory in the capacity of ___________ and on ________ he was injured by an accident arising out of and in the course of his employment, in respect of which he claims that the employer is liable to pay him compensation under the Workmen's Compensation Act.
Whereas in order to avoid litigation in respect of the said claim, the parties hereto are desirous that the liability of the employer (if any), shall be satisfied by the compensation herein agreed to be made.
Now This Deed Witnesseth That It Is Hereby Agreed As Follows:
1. The employer shall pay the workman the sum of Rs. __________ as compensation for such injury as aforesaid on __________.
2. The employer shall also pay the workman the sum of Rs. _________in respect of the costs of his medical attendance and other expenses.
3. The workman shall accept the before mentioned payments in full
discharge of all liability of the employer to pay compensation under the Workmen's Compensation Act or any law for the time being in force and doth hereby release the employer from any and all liability in respect of the injury caused to the workman and from any and all liability for any damages, which may result to the said workman in future on account of the said injury.
in witness whereof, the employer hereto has set its hands and seal and the workman has set his hands hereunto and to a duplicate hereof, the day and the year first hereinabove written.
The common seal of ABC Co. Ltd. has been
hereunto affixed pursuant to the Resolution of
its Board of Directors dated the _____ day of
__________, 20___, in the presence of S/Shri
______________ and _________________
Directors who have signed in token thereof.
Signed and delivered by A, the withinamed workman
Download Word Doc
- Disclaimer: The information contained in the sample document is general legal information and should not be construed as legal advice to be applied to any specific factual situation. Any use of the Site or document format DOES NOT create or constitute a solicitor-client relationship between LawRato or any employee of or other person associated with LawRato and a user of the Site. The information or use of documents on the Site is not a substitute for the advice of a lawyer.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- If I remarry can i claim for my daughters custody
- How to get bail if charged u/s 439 of CrPc
- My father-in-law took my wife & son and not letting her come back
- Can eviction suite can be filed against wife by aged in-laws ?
- Procudeure to change cast in ssc certificate