quesWhat is the procedure to evict tenants?

The first floor of my premises has been currently occupied by tenants.

Now I need the premises back as my son is moving back with his family.

How do I evict my tenants?

  • ans

    As we understand, you require your premises back for personal use.

    We recommend you send a legal notice of eviction to your tenants giving them a notice period of at least a month or as per the time period stipulated in your rent agreement asking them to hand over peaceful possession of your property.

    In case they do not hand over vacant and peaceful possession of your premises on the expiry of the stipulated time, you can file a petition eviction before the Rent Controller.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear sir, I had rented a flat to a tenant, who stayed in his flat…
In order to get loan from a bank, the landlord signed as witness on partnership…
I have let out my flat to Bank for residential purpose. Bank is insisting for…
The society is not allowing for students stay as tenant... I have submittedvthe police verification…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Meena Shastri

  Koni Road
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly