What is the procedure to evict tenants?
The first floor of my premises has been currently occupied by tenants.
Now I need the premises back as my son is moving back with his family.
How do I evict my tenants?
As we understand, you require your premises back for personal use.
We recommend you send a legal notice of eviction to your tenants giving them a notice period of at least a month or as per the time period stipulated in your rent agreement asking them to hand over peaceful possession of your property.
In case they do not hand over vacant and peaceful possession of your premises on the expiry of the stipulated time, you can file a petition eviction before the Rent Controller.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can father get Custody of 2 years old daughter
- Dispute with builder for delayed posession
- Wife is threatening to file fake 498a case how can i safeguard myself
- Different name in different documents how to change it
- how can i remove my name from a 498A case