queswhat can i do if landlord not returning security deposi

i have given security deposit of rs 6000 for rent of shop & have plan to sign agreement of 20mar & give rest 12000 for shop as 2 months deposit & 1 month running advance & now not able to continue with agreement, but owner not returning 1st part of security deposit. Can i legally make complaints against him.

• ansFollow the wise advice of Mr.Sethi. While complaints can legally be made the same will cost you more than the amount involved. It is thus in your interest to settle the dispute amicably.