Vacating the place before the due date.
I have been residing at a rented property for 12 months. The agreement was for 11 months. We are in the 13th month and we have to vacate the place on the 26th.The owner is deducting the money for 30 days notice and the remaining amount he has agreed to pay by January 13th. But he wants us to move out on the 26th or before that. We have not yet found a [place also he is taking the rent from the deposit till next 14th January. He is not ready to listen. Also, the agreement is not renewed. What should be done? I would like to let you know that we did not pay this months rent, so he is taking this months rent and next months till 13th.
Since the lease was for 11 months it came to an end thereafter and in the absence of a fresh agreement it became a lease from month to month basis. Month to month lease can be terminated by 15 days notice. Don't move out and let the landlord give you a valid notice. He can not deduct any rent on account of notice period from you. Demand back your security in writing before you move out.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is registration of pre-school required
- Boyfriend cheated for money
- What to do since lesbian partner taken back forcefully by parents?
- Lost money in betting. Threatening us to recover money. What to do?
- Neighbours planning to file a case for having rented a room