questhreat from owner to vacate

Have been living in the premises for 20 yrs along with my parents. Both owner of premises /my father who entered into rent agreement have expired. Now daughter claiming as the owner of building is asking us (Me and Mother, 75 yrs, paralysed on wheelchair) to vacate premises and threatening to file rape case if I don't vacate.

  • ans You have the tenancy right in connection with the premises occupied by you for last 25 years as per agreement, Collect evidence of her such threat through audio/video recording, File a police complaint immediately against her such threat to file rape case against you, It will immunise you against any such case if she files later on

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am staying in a rented ,pagdi flat since 1965. in Mumbai, My landlady is…
Sir, The electricity connection is in name of tenant and some electricity dues are still…
If the landlord not willing to give back money and not coming to get the…
I have a tenanted premises from last 50 years which was on a mutual agreement…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Ajar Rab

  Rajpur Road
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly